Thursday, August 6, 2009

"Bargain" Shopping

Today while I was out, I had 24 dollars in my pocket, so I decided to do some bargain shopping. So of course my first stop was Penneys, where the clothes are so cheap, they're practically disposable. While I wouldn't buy anything distinctive there, I am not averse to buying basics there. (Not that I have -- I've been broke since I arrived in Dublin eight months ago.) I went in hoping to find a long red cardigan. No luck. But I did find a red and white striped boatneck 3/4 sleeve tee made of super soft cotton knit for only five euro! I was pleased and I know I'll wear the heck out of it.

With that success, I headed over to Dunnes, whose radio ad tagline is "The difference is...we're Irish," to try my luck there. Sadly, they only had a sort of pinkish-red cardigan and I was after a true red. So then I traveled to the mondo-Penneys to see if they might have something. I walked away with a belt, a toothbrush (finally found the elusive super-soft bristles!!), and a crochet-style beret, all for 10.45euro.

So when I got home I decided to see what kinds of things I could find to post here for people on a budget!

This top (12euro from Dunnes) is pretty basic, but I like it for its simplicity. And it brings me back to the days of watching the movie Labrynth, wishing I was Jennifer Connelly.


I saw a girl at the bus stop today with these shoes, and I just realized she got them at Dunnes for 22euro:


I tell ya what though. Littlewoods has some things I really like!
This South tiered sleeve blouse would make me look like a football player, but I can see it on someone less endowed in the shoulder area:

And check out this pretty little scalloped blouse for 24euro


Here's a top made by Love, going for 37 bucks.


And I like the simplicity of this design, and the plaid isn't bad either. Lee wide neck checked shirt


And speaking of simplicity, I love this entire outfit

No comments:

Post a Comment