Saturday, January 22, 2011

Greetings to my TWO followers! Hopefully this number will grow in 2011 because I intend to ramp it up a notch this year. First and foremost, I am working! For a fashion non-profit, no less!

"The aim of the Rediscover Fashion project is to demonstrate the potential for textiles recycling, reuse and recovery in Ireland and highlight the environmental, social and economic benefits. The project seeks to raise the profile of recycled, reconstructed and repurposed clothing, and like all of the Centre’s resource recovery projects, urges everyone to rediscover the value of waste."

Here's a link to shots from their last fashion show: Spring/Summer 2010

And if you are in the Dublin area and you have a garment you want altered or redesigned, here's a link to our alteration service: ReAlter

I am a part time assistant in the studio, and having just completed my first week there, I am completely pumped and ready to breath new life in my fashion pursuits. So expect LOTS more posts, drawings, inspiration, and finished projects to be posted here! (Exclamation points make it true!)

We have a big Fashion Show coming up at the Guinness Factory on April 21st. It's a free event, but you need to book in advance. More details on that to follow. So if you're in Dublin (or plan to be on 21.4) save the date!

No comments:

Post a Comment